Other Ingredients: Cellulose, vegetable magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide and lemongrass oil.
CAUTION: Do not exceed recommended dose. Pregnant or nursing mothers, children under 18, and individuals with a known medical condition should consult a physician before using this or any dietary supplement.
Formula includes NO animal products
Dosage:As a dietary supplement, take 1 to 2 capsules twice daily.
Ray & Terry's Resveratrol contains 60 vegetarian capsules per bottle.
Proper Storage: Resveratrol is easily oxidized. However, proper storage will ensure that it does not oxidize. We use an opaque bottle to minimize light exposure. We recommend storing resveratrol in a cool, dry, place in its tightly sealed container.
Ray & Terry's Resveratrol is equally effective when taken with or without food. However, if your digestive system is sensitive, you may want to take your supplements with meals.
In a 2008 study, resveratrol demonstrated chromosomal protection properties in mice exposed to radiation. The results indicated that resveratrol could be used in advance to protect cells from radiation damage.11 Another study indicated that resveratrol can ameliorate radiation-induced oxidative injury (2009). In that study, resveratrol was linked to significantly improved antioxidant capacity, tissue protection and maintenance of glutathione levels, as well as other damages occurring after contact with radiation.12
Polyphenols offer benefits besides their ability to scavenge free radicals and help prevent oxidation. They also support venous health and healthy circulation.10 The anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antiproliferative effects of resveratrol in the pulmonary arteries may also help maintain circulatory health.8
One of the difficulties with resveratrol is that it is easily oxidized and difficult to absorb. Research suggests taking resveratrol with lecithin can enhance absorption;5,6 therefore, if you take a lecithin-derived phosphatidylcholine supplement (such as Ray & Terry's PC (Phosphatidylcholine), we recommend that you take it at the same time as resveratrol to enhance absorption.
- Br J Pharmacol. Oct;131(4):711-720. S. Bastianetto et al. 2000.
- Mutat Res. Sep 20;496(1-2): 171-180. A. Sgambato et al. 2001.
- Nature 2003 Sep 11;425(6954):191-6. Howitz KT et al.
- Microsc Res Tech. Nov 15;59(4):335-338. M. A. Lane et al. 2002.
- J Agriculture Food Chemistry 6; 50:1706-12, 2002
- J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2006 Sep-Oct;6(9-10):2950-8. Hung CF et al.
- BMC Syst Biol. Mar 10;3:31. JJ Smith et al. 2009.
- Hypertension. 2009 Jul 13. [Epub ahead of print] A. Csiszar et al. 2009.
- J Appl Toxicol. 2009 Jul 14. [Epub ahead of print]. K. Svechnikov et al. 2009
- Exp Clin Cardiol. Fall;11(3):217-25. R Vidavalur et al. 2006.
- Carsten RE et al. "Resveratrol reduces radiation-induced chromosome aberration frequencies in mouse bone marrow cells." Radiat Res. 2008 Jun;169(6):633-8. PMID: 18494544
- Velioğlu-Oğünç A. “Resveratrol protects against irradiation-induced hepatic and ileal damage via its anti-oxidative activity.”
Free Radic Res
. 2009;43(11):1060-71. PMID: 19707923