Other Ingredients: Vegetable cellulose (capsule), rice flour, stearic acid and silicon dioxide.
ALLERGEN WARNING: Contains Soy (plant sterols)
WARNING: This product is manufactured and packaged in a facility which may also process milk, soy, wheat, egg, peanuts, tree nuts, fish and crustacean shellfish.
CAUTION: Do not exceed the recommended dose. Pregnant or nursing mothers, children under the age of 18, and individuals with a known medical condition should consult a physician before using this or any dietary supplement.
CardioAid™ is a trademark of ADM
Each vegicap contains 500mg plant sterols standardized to yield 200 mg of beta-sitosterol.
Dosage: One vegicap twice a day, or as directed by your healthcare professional.
Ray & Terry's Plant Sterols Formula contains 120 vegetarian capsules per bottle.
Ray & Terry's Plant Sterols Formula works best if taken on an empty stomach, one hour before or two hours after meals. We recommend that this supplement not be taken with animal fats (including milk) as these foods inhibit absorption of the phytosterols.
- Awad AB, Fink CS. Phytosterols as anticancer dietary components: Evidence and mechanism of action. J Nutr. 2000;130(9):2127-30.
- Cater NB, Grundy SM. Lowering serum cholesterol with plant sterols and stanols: Historical perspectives. J Postgrad Med. 1998;6-14.
- Katan MB, Grundy SM, Jones P, Law M, Miettinen T, Paoletti R; Stresa Workshop Participants. Efficacy and safety of plant stanols and sterols in the management of blood cholesterol levels. Mayo Clin Proc. 2003;78(8):965-78.
- St. Onge et al. Consumption of a Functional Oil Rich in Phytosterols and Medium-Chain Triglyceride Oil Improves Plasma Lipid Profiles in Men. J. Nutr. June 2003; 133:1815-1820.
- Ivorra MD, D'Ocon MP, Paya M, Villar A. Antihyperglycemic and insulin-releasing effects of [Beta]-sitosterol 3-[Beta]-D-Glucoside and its aglycone, [Beta]-sitosterol. Arch Int Pharmacodyn Ther 1988;296:224-231.
- Bouic, PJD. Sterols/Sterolins: The natural, nontoxic immuno-modulators and their role in the control of rheumatoid arthritis. The Arthritis Trust 1998;Summer:3-6.
- Bouic PJD, Etsebeth S, Liebenberg RW, et al. Beta-sitosterol and beta-sitosterol glycoside stimulate human peripheral blood lymphocyte proliferation: implications for their use as an immunomodulatory vitamin combination, Int J Immunopharmacol 1996:18:693-700.
- Gupta MB, Nath R, Srivastava N, et al. Anti-inflammatory and antipyretic activities of [Beta]-sitosterol. Planta Medica 1980;39:157-163.