Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, stearic acid.
TRAACS and the Albion Medallion design are registered trademarks of Albion Laboratories, Inc.
Dosage: (2) - (4) vegetarian capsules daily, divided and taken with breakfast and with dinner or as directed by your physician.
The DRI (daily recommended intake) of magnesium for adult women is 320 mg and 420 mg for men, but we recommend 400 - 600 mg per day for most adults. Magnesium can interact with a number of medications including diuretics, some antibiotics and chemotherapeutic agents. Large doses of magnesium may cause diarrhea, and caution is needed in cases of kidney dysfunction.
Each vegetarian capsule contains 150mg elemental magnesium.
Ray & Terry's Magnesium Glycinate contains 120 vegetarian capsules per bottle.
- Circulation Research 2005;96:207-215.
- Fuentes JC, Salmon AA, Silver MA. "Acute and chronic oral magnesium supplementation: effects on endothelial function, exercise capacity, and quality of life in patients with symptomatic heart failure." Congest Heart Fail. 2006 Jan-Feb;12(1):9-13.
- Am J Clin Nutr 1994 60:129-13. Witteman JC et al.
- J Bone Miner Res 1998;13:749-58. Rude RK.
- Izzo AA, Gaginella TS, Capasso F. "The osmotic and intrinsic mechanisms of the pharmacological laxative action of oral high doses of magnesium sulphate. Importance of the release of digestive polypeptides and nitric oxide." Magnes Res (England) Jun 1996, 9 (2) p133-8.
- Jacka FN, Overland S, Stewart R, Tell GS, Bjelland I, Mykletun A. "Association between magnesium intake and depression and anxiety in community-dwelling adults: the Hordaland Health Study." Aust N Z J Psychiatry. 2009 Jan;43(1):45-52.
- Schuette SA, Lashner BA, Janghorbani M."Bioavailability of magnesium diglycinate vs magnesium oxide in patients with ileal resection." JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr. 1994 Sep-Oct;18(5):430-5.