Other Ingredients: Vegetable cellulose (capsule) rice flour, magnesium stearate, and silicon dioxide.
CAUTION: Do not exceed recommended dose. This product is not intended for pregnant or nursing mothers, children under the age of 18, or individuals taking prescription drugs. Discontinue use immediately if nausea, sleeplessness, or nervousness occur. Do not take this product if you have a known medical condition including high blood pressure, diabetes, any cardiovascular diseases, hyperthyroidism, or are taking antidepressant medications. If you have questions about the advisability of taking this product, consult your physician prior to use.
WARNING: This product contains 10 mg of caffeine per serving (equivalent to less than 1/4 cup of coffee)
Dosage: 2 capsules per day. Daily amount can be divided and taken throughout the day. As Green Tea Extract contains naturally occurring caffeine, you may want to take your supplements at times when this caffeine will not affect your sleep patterns.
Ray & Terry's Green Tea Extract contains 60 veggie capsules per bottle.
Ray & Terry's Green Tea Extract is equally effective when taken with or without food. However, if your digestive system is sensitive, you may want to take your supplements with meals.
GTE increases antioxidant capacity in the body and helps maintain a healthy BMI.3,4 Abdominal fat contributes to the risk of heart disease. The catechins in green tea can enhance exercise-induced abdominal fat loss, thereby helping minimize belly fat and protecting your heart.7,8
EGCG also appears to help the body utilize fat, while simultaneously minimizing the absorption of fat. The combined effect serves to slow down weight gain.11
The oxidation of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL-C) is the first step of dangerous "vulnerable" plaque formation on blood vessel walls. GTE reduces LDL oxidation.5According to a meta analysis, green tea can help maintain reduced LDL and total cholesterol levels.12
In addition, high levels of iron in the blood, particularly in combination with elevated levels of LDL, promote the oxidation of LDL. Green tea extract reduces iron levels in the blood.6 GTE may also reduce fibrinogen, a protein in the blood that contributes to coagulation.
Scientists are studying how EGCG from green tea related to pancreas function. An initial mouse study indicates that the extract may help support glucose levels already within a normal range.13 The evidence is inconclusive and more research is needed in this area.
According to the Ray & Terry Longevity Program, optimal blood pressure is less than 120/80. If your blood pressure is over this level, we recommend starting with a nutritional and supplement program as listed in Chapter 15 of Fantastic Voyage.
- Mutat Res. Feb-Mar;523-524: 201-208. J. D. Lambert and C. S. Yang. 2003.
- The FASEB Journal. 2005;19:258-260. Brad A. Sutherland et al.
- Am J Clin Nutr, Vol. 80, No. 6, 1558-1564, Dec 2004. Susanne M.
- Am J Clin Nutr. Vol. 81, No. 1, 122-129, Jan 2005. T Nagao et al.
- J Nutr. 1999;129:1094-1101. P Chan et al.
- Am J Clin Nutr, Vol. 73, No. 3, 607-612, Mar 2001.
- Maki KC, Reeves MS, Farmer M, et al. "Green tea catechin consumption enhances exercise-induced abdominal fat loss in overweight and obese adults." J Nutr. 2009 Feb;139(2):264-70. http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/abstract/139/2/264
- Hill AM, Coates AM, Buckley JD, et al. "Can EGCG reduce abdominal fat in obese subjects?" J Am Coll Nutr. 2007 Aug;26(4):396S-402S.
- Song JM, et al. Antiviral Res. 2005 Nov;68(2):66-74. Epub 2005 Aug 9.
- Wong et al. Immunology Letters. Vol 139(1-2), 7-13. Sept 30 2011.
- Wolfram et al. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2006 Feb;50(2):176-87.
- Am J Clin Nutr. August 2011 vol. 94 no. 2 601-610.
- Ortsäter H. Nutr & Metab. 2012 Feb 14;9:11.