Other Ingredients: Gelatin, cellulose, silicon dioxide and magnesium stearate.
CAUTION: Do not exceed the recommended dose. This product is not intended for pregnant or nursing mothers, children under the age of 18 or Individuals with a known medical condition including cardiovascular disorders or hypotension (low blood pressure). If you are currently taking any prescription medication including that for high blood pressure and have questions about the advisability of taking this product, consult a physician prior to use.
WARNING: This product is manufactured and packaged in a facility which may also process milk, soy, wheat, egg, peanuts, fish and crustacean shellfish.
Dosage: Take one capsule twice daily or as directed by your physician.
Ray & Terry's Blood Pressure Support contains 90 gelatin capsules per bottle.
Optimal blood pressure is less than 120/80. Ray & Terry recommend following a lifestyle and supplement program to maintain close to this level or below. The first step is to adopt our nutritional recommendations and follow our program to attain your optimal weight. It is also important to keep up with a regular exercise program and limit sodium, caffeine and alcohol consumption in the diet.
Our Blood Pressure Support is formulated with natural supplements to provide additional support to help maintain blood pressure already within a normal range. Blood Pressure Support contains garlic, green tea extract, polyphenols from hibiscus flower powder, olive leaf, hawthorn and more.
A healthy diet includes fresh garlic and other features from the Mediterranean style of eating, which promotes a healthy heart and body. Garlic is associated with normal blood pressure levels and can help maintain a healthy blood pressure.3,4
Green Tea contains ECGC (epigallocatechin-3-gallate), a powerful antioxidant with protective polyphenols to support heart health. Green tea consumption may help maintain blood pressure already within a normal range.5 Blood Pressure Support contains a decaffeinated green tea extract.
Polyphenols found in plant materials including hawthorne, hibiscus, and olive leaf, can help support cardiovascular health. Research indicates that polyphenols are helpful to maintain blood pressure already within a normal range.6
- Katsuyuki Miura, MD, PhD; Martha L. Daviglus, MD, PhD; Alan R. Dyer, PhD; Kiang Liu, PhD; Daniel B. Garside, MA; Jeremiah Stamler, MD; Philip Greenland, MD. "Relationship of Blood Pressure to 25-Year Mortality Due to Coronary Heart Disease, Cardiovascular Diseases, and All Causes in Young Adult Men." Arch Intern Med. 2001;161:1501-1508.
- Nemes A, Forster T, Csanady M. "Diminished coronary flow velocity reserve and aortic distensibility in elderly patients with chest pain and negative coronary angiograms." Aging Clin Exp Res. 2008 Aug;20(4):297-301.
- Reinhart KM, Coleman CI, Teevan C, Vachhani P, White CM. "Effects of garlic on blood pressure in patients with and without systolic hypertension: a meta-analysis." Ann Pharmacother. 2008 Dec;42(12):1766-71. Epub 2008 Nov 18.
- Ried K, Frank OR, Stocks NP, Fakler P, Sullivan T. "Effect of garlic on blood pressure: a systematic review and meta-analysis." BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2008 Jun 16;8:13.
- Brown AL, Lane J, Coverly J, Stocks J, Jackson S, Stephen A, Bluck L, Coward A, Hendrickx H. "Effects of dietary supplementation with the green tea polyphenol epigallocatechin-3-gallate on insulin resistance and associated metabolic risk factors: randomized controlled trial." Br J Nutr. 2008 Aug 19:1-9.
- Stoclet JC, Chataigneau T, Ndiaye M, Oak MH, El Bedoui J, Chataigneau M, Schini-Kerth VB. "Vascular protection by dietary polyphenols." Eur J Pharmacol. 2004 Oct 1;500(1-3):299-313.