Other Ingredients: Cellulose, magnesium stearate and silicon dioxide.
WARNING: This product is manufactured and packaged in a facility which may also process milk, soy, wheat, egg, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, and crustacean.
CAUTION: Do not exceed recommended dose. Pregnant or nursing mothers, children under 18, and individuals with a known medical condition should consult a physician before using this or any dietary supplement.
Our Acai 4:1 Concentrate provides 600 milligrams of extract per vegetarian capsule, which is equivalent to 2400 milligrams of regular Acai Powder.
Dosage: Two veggie capsules daily or as directed by your physician.
Ray & Terry's Acai Extract contains 60 veggie capsules per bottle.
- Schauss AG, Wu X, Prior RL, Ou B, Patel D, Huang D, Kababick JP (2006). "Phytochemical and nutrient composition of the freeze-dried amazonian palmberry, Euterpe oleraceae Mart. (acai)". J Agric Food Chem 54 (22): 8598-8603.
- Laboratorio Catarinense SA, Joinville, Brazil and Markan Global Enterprises, http://thesuperberry.com/constituents.htm
- Ames, B. N., Shigenaga, M. K. & Hagen, T. M. (1993) Oxidants, antioxidants, and the degenerative diseases of aging. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 90: 7915-
- USDA Database for the Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) of Selected Foods. Bhagwat, S., Haytowitz, D.B. Holden, J.M. American Institute for Cancer Research Launch Conference. November 1-2, 2007. Washington, D.C.
- dos Santos GM, Maia GA, de Sousa PH, da Costa JM, de Figueiredo RW, do Prado GM. "Correlation between antioxidant activity and bioactive compounds of acai (Euterpe oleracea Mart) commercial pulps."Arch Latinoam Nutr. 2008 Jun;58(2):187-92. [Article in Portuguese]
- Mertens-Talcott SU, Rios J, Jilma-Stohlawetz P, Pacheco-Palencia LA, Meibohm B, Talcott ST, Derendorf H. Pharmacokinetics of anthocyanins and antioxidant effects after the consumption of anthocyanin-rich acai juice and pulp (Euterpe oleracea Mart.) in human healthy volunteers. J Agric Food Chem. 2008 Aug 12.
- Schauss AG, Wu X, Prior RL, Ou B, Huang D, Owens J, Agarwal A, Jensen GS, Hart AN, Shanbrom E (2006). "Antioxidant capacity and other bioactivities of the freeze-dried amazonian palm berry, Euterpe oleraceae Mart. (acai)". J Agric Food Chem 54 (22): 8604-8610.
- Del Pozo-Insfran D, Percival SS, Talcott ST. "Acai (Euterpe oleracea Mart.) polyphenolics in their glycoside and aglycone forms induce apoptosis of HL-60 leukemia cells." J Agric Food Chem. 2006 Feb 22;54(4):1222-9.
- Neto CC. "Cranberry and blueberry: evidence for protective effects against cancer and vascular diseases." Mol Nutr Food Res. 2007 Jun;51(6):652-64